All skill levels are welcome! Using volunteer labor, Abilene Habitat is able to build affordable homes.
Our experienced construction staff, along with our skilled regular volunteers, lead volunteer groups through the
entire construction process. Our volunteers build hand in hand with our partner families, who contribute 250-400
hours of sweat equity on their homes and the homes of other Habitat families.
How do I volunteer on the construction site?
- Open builds are every Saturday from 8am to 4pm. We welcome individuals and groups.
- We can also schedule large groups Tuesdays through Fridays.
- All volunteers must be age 16 or above, and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For groups with volunteers under the age of 16, such as youth groups, please call for more information.
- All volunteers must register online.
- Provide us with your name, address, and email information.
- Sign a Waiver.
- Show up on your assigned work day! Please remember to wear construction appropriate clothing, including close-toed shoes. Habitat for Humanity will provide hard hats.
If it is raining this Saturday and you have questions about whether we are working, call Joe Simmons at (325) 280-4809.
Abilene Habitat is always looking for volunteers with unique skills. Throughout the year, we require the help of skilled volunteers to work on non-construction projects. Some examples include cooking, photography, event planning, fundraising, and graphic design. Please call our office to see what opportunities are currently available.
For those who would prefer an office environment, we need your help! Administrative volunteer opportunities range from stuffing envelopes and data entry to cleaning and specialized projects. The office offers flexible scheduling opportunities Monday – Friday. Please call our office to see what opportunities are currently available.